Hair oiling is a way of adding oil to your hair and massaging it into the scalp to improve the shine and moisture of your scalp and hair. Regularly oiling your hair will make it soft and provides vitamins and minerals that is been stripped away from a frequent hair wash.
The practice of oiling is followed in India for centuries and recommended to do it regularly.
Hair oiling is spread across the globe beyond ayurvedic therapy, many of them used across the globe to maintain the health of their hair health. According to experts, the oiling will reduce hair loss and hair breakage.
There are also specific techniques for hair oiling, as well as different oil types you can use to get particular benefits.
As to Indian tradition. During your childhood every Sunday you will be undergone by oiling your hair with mom to make a practice to do in future
Massaging and oiling the hair and scalp will improve blood circulation and Due to the improvement in blood circulation, it helps to reduce hair loss and improve hair growth.
How to oil your hair properly?
- Apply the oil directly onto the scalp and massage using your fingertips using circulation motion strokes.
- Apply some oil onto the palm and then transfer to hair length.
- Cover your hair shower cap or towel and leave on overnight to nourish well.
- In next day morning wash your hair with mild shampoo and rinse well. And follow up with conditioner. (for natural conditioning add a few drops of coconut oil)
Benefits of oiling hair:
- Reduces heat damage.
- Hydrates and reduces frizzy hair.
- Strengthen hair roots.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- Reduce the risk of lice on the scalp.
- Prevents fungal and bacterial infections.
- Helps in reducing split ends.
- Prevents dandruff.
What type of oil should u consider using?
Different types of oil will have different types of vitamins choose an oil depends upon the concern You have,
Oils you may consider buying:
- Sesame oil
- Almond oil
- Coconut oil
- Bhringraj oil
- Argan oil
- Amla oil
Sesame oil is a vegetable oil that has been derived from sesame seeds mostly done in Africa and some parts of India.
Benefits of Sesame oil:
- Increase hair growth.
- Prevents premature greying.
- Soothes damaged and dry hair.
- Protects from UV damage.
Almond oils a pale yellow fatty oil derived from almonds.
Benefits of Almond oil:
- Strengthening and repairing hair.
- Treats split ends.
- Prevents hair fall.
- Softens the hairs.
Coconut oil is a fatty oil that has been extracted from fresh coconut.
Benefits of coconut:
- Prevents split ends.
- Prevents hair loss.
- Controls hair frizz.
Bhringraj oil is extracted from a plant known as a false daisy from the family of sunflowers.
Benefits of Bhringraj oil:
- Treats baldness.
- Treats dry and damaged hair roots.
- Add shine to your hair.
- Prevents greying of hair
Argan oil is a vegetable oil derived from kernels of the argan tree. It is rich in antioxidants.
Benefits of Argan oil:
- Prevents hair breakage.
- Improves hair elasticity.
- Hydrates and softens hair.
- Protects hair from mechanical stress.
Amla oil is a natural oil that has been derived from Indian gooseberry also said to be Phyllanthus Emblica.
Benefits of Amla oil:
- Prevents greying of hair.
- Treats dry and damaged hair roots
- Prevents dandruff.